What is Network Marketing?
We all have an image firmly planted in our mind of what network marketing is all about. But lets try to understand it – It’s a business model that relies on a network of distributors/influencers to grow a business.
Multi-level marketing (MLM), also called network marketing – or sometimes pyramid selling widely know network marketing strategy adopted by big and small companies around the globe.
Network Marketing Industry
I personally believe we do a dis-service to the industry and ourselves that Network Marketing (NWM) is easy. It’s not. Nor is any business….
Anyone who does say different is not being wholly truthful.
NWM requires 3 main ingredients…. Time, Effort, and yes – Money.
Time is just a matter of redirecting your habits. Not easy but doable. Time directly impacts your efficiency. Effort is entirely controllable by the individual….and directly impacts your effectiveness.
Money is self limiting and directly affects both efficiency and effectiveness. An individual must find the best combination of the three that works for them.
Challenges for Multi-level Marketing (MLM) in future
The new Multi-level marketing (MLM) Users faces a daunting task…and competition…when it comes to “advertising”.
Finding that “best combination” of time, effort, and money is a growth experience. Rarely will it just appear… education (self and provided) plus mentoring (if available) are important factors and hopefully a fact of life.
However, “advertising” is not impossible.
In my mind advertising is just whatever method you choose to “reach” people. It might be the traditional newspaper or online ad or the simple greeting and sharing with a friend.
How you “advertise” or “share” can take many forms.
There are free and inexpensive methods that do work. It’s a matter of finding those that work for you.
1. Writing and submitting online articles is an excellent method. It requires time & effort…but no money.
The benefits include increased link popularity for the url used in your sig box (important for search engine ranking), branding, and reach (you can “reach” more with an article than an online ad).
Plus it’s viral and publishers and web masters will often “pick up” your article originally submitted.
2. Business cards are always a good method…and more inexpensive than one realizes. You can even make your own.
Just pass them out like candy….stores, church, ball games, local events, restaurants (leave 1 with your bill), businesses you frequent, networking meetings, local Chamber Of Commerce.
The possibilities are only limited by your imagination.
3. Flyers, posters, post cards, brochures, etc. can also be done very inexpensively. You can make your own on your PC or purchase custom or ready made templates from numerous online providers.
You could even strike up a joint venture with a local community provider. They print it for you and include their “advert” somewhere…you distribute. You both win, you pay less, and maybe influence that partner to be involved in your business.
4. Web decals on your vehicle(s) or transports is another inexpensive method. Easily get stickers for cars or auto rickshaws (back window) with a short “catch line” and the url. Cost was ~ Rs 100 each but the visibility is priceless.
5. Newspaper/magazine ads can be found that aren’t going to cost an arm and a leg. Local publications are a good place to start. If you are a startup I’ve found College student newspapers and alumni magazines to be good performers.
These are just a few examples.
Of course there are the traditional online ads, leads programs, Forum participation (sig line – branding reputation), search engines, “3 foot rule”, etc. Most of these will cost you money…all will cost you time & effort.
The key I believe is in being creative and sticking to what best fits your time, effort, money combination. It is and should be a personal choice. If the dollar “cost” doesn’t give you the dollar “value” you hope for….keep looking. But don’t EVER give up.
If you really care…that’s what you’ll tell them.
What do YOU think????